Bookings for 1–2 nights:
Payment should be made, in full, by cheque or bank transfer within 10 days on receipt of Booking Confirmation email/letter.
Bookings for 3 nights or longer:
A £100 deposit should be made, by cheque or bank transfer within 10 days on receipt of Booking Confirmation email/letter. The remaining balance is then due on arrival.
COVID-19 UPDATE: INFORMATION FOR GUESTS IN ACCORDANCE WITH GOVERNMENT REGULATIONS
England is under national restrictions meaning no holidays can take place in self-catering accommodation until at least the 12th April 2021.
This is part of “Step 2” of the government’s roadmap to ease lockdown. The government plan to review each step of the roadmap at least 7 days in advance of each of the given dates below which are set provisionally from the announcement on the 22nd February.
Please see below for the various restrictions that may apply to your booking depending on the dates you have booked for.
If your holiday is due to begin between 12th April and 16th May we hope you should be able to go ahead as planned. However, please note that during this period you are only permitted to stay in the accommodation with your own household (or household and support bubble) and not as part of a multi-household group.
If we believe your booking may not be possible due to the restrictions, we will contact you via email and ask you to select one of the below options.
If your holiday is due to begin between 17th May and 20th June we hope you should be able to go ahead as planned. However, please note that during this period you should only stay in the accommodation with a maximum of two households (with support bubbles)
If your holiday is due to begin on or after the 21st June, we hope your holiday will be able to go ahead as planned. During this period it is hoped that all limits on social contact can be removed.
Whilst we have tried to summarise our understanding of the various coronavirus rules across England, Scotland and Wales, you cannot assume they are fully accurate or cover every point that may be relevant to you. You should make sure you read the relevant government guidance (both in relation to where you live and where you are travelling to) at the time of booking and also leading up to your departure to ensure you are able to travel and allowed to stay in the property. If you have any concerns that the rules will not allow you to travel or stay in the property as planned, please contact us.
For your safety and others please read carefully before arrival to New Cottage, Hollymoor Farm. New Cottage has been well ventilated and sanitized between bookings using the recommended cleaning solutions. This is the government guidance regarding guests showing symptoms whilst staying at holiday properties:
“If a guest is displaying signs of the Covid-19 virus while staying in overnight accommodation for a permitted reason, they should inform the accommodation provider, immediately self-isolate where they are to minimise any risk of transmission, and request a test. If they are confirmed to have Covid-19, they should return home if they reasonably can. They should use private transport but only drive themselves if they can do so safely. If a guest cannot reasonably return home (for example because they are not well enough to travel or do not have the means to arrange transport), their circumstances should be discussed with an appropriate health care professional and, if necessary, the local authority. Guests should follow government guidance on dealing with possible or confirmed coronavirus (COVID-19) infection. Once the guest has returned to their main residence, they should continue to follow the government guidance on self-isolation, household isolation and social distancing.”
If a guest has Covid symptoms whilst staying please discuss next steps with us at the earliest opportunity.
If a guest cannot return home, the guest will be expected to pay all costs.
ARRIVAL AT NEW COTTAGE, HOLLYMOOR FARM
Check in time is from 3pm For the safety of all guests all tourist attraction leaflets have been taken out of the cottage but we have good wifi facilities.
If you need any help at all I am contactable on 01388 718 567. We will endeavour not to enter your cottage during your stay.
Antibacterial hand gel is available on arrival. There is soap in the bathroom and kitchen.
We would be grateful if all guests could comply with the social distancing rules with other guests staying and ourselves ans wear a face covering as and when necessary.
BEFORE DEPARTING NEW COTTAGE, HOLLYMOOR FARM
Check out time is 10am
Bedding & Towels in the Cottage
We would be grateful if you could strip all beds, (duvet covers, blankets, sheets and pillowcases) and towels in the laundry basket provided and leave in the shower room in the cottage. Any coloured laundry, i.e. bath mats, tea towels, oven gloves, etc. should be left in a pile in the cottage beside the laundry basket.
Refuse & Recycling
As we will not be entering the cottage immediately please do NOT leave any food in the fridge or cottage and leave all waste & recycling in securely tied bags in the dustbins near the front door or in the designated bins. Refuse/recycling instructions can be found on a sign in the kitchen area of the cottage.
COVID-19 CANCELLATION CONDITIONS
Should you have to cancel due to Covid-19 we will do our best to transfer your booking to another date, if this is not possible we will offer an 80% refund of the deposit.
Should we have to close due to the Covid-19 situation deteriorating in the area and around the country we reserve the right to cancel bookings. Any deposits will be reimbursed or transferred, but we will not be liable to find alternative accommodation or compensate for the holiday.
We also intend to include our right to charge for any additional unbooked nights guests have to stay should they become symptomatic and be forced to stay longer.
Thank you for your co-operation which is very much appreciated. Your safety and that of others is foremost in our minds.
Lastly and most importantly following these very difficult and uncertain times we really do hope you enjoy your stay with us and enjoy the beautiful surrounding countryside.
NORMAL CANCELLATION POLICY
Any cancellations must be made, in writing, and acknowledged by us.
In the event of a cancellation, we will always endeavour to re-let the property and will then refund any payment you have made.
If we are unable to re-let the property during the dates of your intended stay, the following charges will apply:
- If notice of cancellation is given more than 6 weeks before your arrival date, your deposit will be refunded.
- If notice of cancellation is given between 6 weeks and 3 weeks of your arrival date, 50% of the deposit is refunded.
- If notice of cancellation is given within 3 weeks of your arrival date, the deposit is non-refundable.
Holiday Insurance is easy and prices are competitive – for more information check to see policies run by your home and car insurers. Alternatively, The NFU Mutual provides essential cover for holidays in the United Kingdom, and an application form can be obtained by contacting Margaret Partridge at Hollymoor Farm.
CONDITIONS OF RENTAL
- Earliest check-in is 3pm UNLESS re-arranged via mutual agreement
- Guests must vacate the property by 10am latest on day of departure.
- Sorry – we do not accommodate pets.
- No smoking in the property. If you do smoke in the property, we will ask you to leave immediately.
- The owners reserve the right to refuse entry to the property to anyone they consider unsuitable.
- No bikes to be brought into the cottage, there can be arrangements to store bikes in one of the farm sheds, but will be at the owners risk.
- The responsibility for personal property, and any vehicle parked at New Cottage, is solely that of the guest/s.
- Guests are responsible for shutting all exterior doors and appropriate windows, and securing the accommodation when absent or sleeping, and for minimising fire risk in the property at all times.
- No other persons to reside at the property, other than those persons specified at the time of the booking (unless with the prior permission of the owners). The owners reserve the right to consider a booking void, if other persons are found to be staying in the accommodation without the prior permission of the owners, or, if on arrival, the number in the party exceeds that as listed in the booking confirmation agreement, and the party will be asked to leave or, as applicable, will not be permitted to check in.
- The property must be respected and looked after during any stay, and left in the same clean and tidy condition, with full inventory, as it was on arrival. If not, an extra cleaning charge of £40 will be applied.
- All damage/losses/breakages incurred at the property, or to the furnishings, must be reported to the owners immediately and paid for prior to departure.
- The owners shall be allowed access to the property during the rental for all reasonable purposes – notice will be given whenever possible.
- The owners shall not be held responsible or liable for any accident, loss or mishap to any persons or property whilst using the premises, or for any illness or injury arising from any cause whatsoever.
- In the event of any breach of the above terms, or if complaints or disputes arise which give cause for disturbance, or behaviour occurs that is deemed by the owners to be unacceptable, we reserve the right to access the property without prior notice/permission and to ask any person/s to vacate the property, immediately, without notice, or any reimbursement of monies paid in advance for the full term of the booking.
- The acceptance of your reservation confirms your acceptance of the above terms & conditions, payment, and cancellation policy. This is a legal agreement, which is binding.
New Cottage, Hollymoor Farm is committed to protecting your privacy.
All information will be collected lawfully and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. We collect information about you to process your enquiry and help provide you with the best possible service.
We do not send random marketing emails to personal email addresses (Spam).
On your arrival we ask that you complete page 1 in the Registration Book. The type of information we will collect about you includes:
- Phone number
- Email address
- Date of arrival/departure
- Vehicle Reg number
This information is also helpful for security purposes and for Track & Trace for Covid-19
After your stay we would really appreciate if you could email us with your comments about us/New Cottage/the Area etc.
We thank you for your patience and understanding.
Many thanks, hope you enjoy your stay with us,