Bookings for 1–2 nights:
Payment should be made, in full, by cheque or bank transfer within 10 days on receipt of Booking Confirmation email/letter.
Bookings for 3 nights or longer:
A £100 deposit should be made, by cheque or bank transfer within 10 days on receipt of Booking Confirmation email/letter. The remaining balance is then due on arrival.
Any cancellations must be made, in writing, and acknowledged by us.
In the event of a cancellation, we will always endeavour to re-let the property and will then refund any payment you have made.
If we are unable to re-let the property during the dates of your intended stay, the following charges will apply:
- If notice of cancellation is given more than 6 weeks before your arrival date, your deposit will be refunded.
- If notice of cancellation is given between 6 weeks and 3 weeks of your arrival date, 50% of the deposit is refunded.
- If notice of cancellation is given within 3 weeks of your arrival date, the deposit is non-refundable.
Holiday Insurance is easy and prices are competitive – for more information check to see policies run by your home and car insurers. Alternatively, The NFU Mutual provides essential cover for holidays in the United Kingdom, and an application form can be obtained by contacting Margaret Partridge at Hollymoor Farm.
Conditions of Rental
- Earliest check-in is 3pm UNLESS re-arranged via mutual agreement
- Guests must vacate the property by 10am latest on day of departure.
- Prior to departure, we would like guests to deposit used towels in bathrooms laundry basket, clean any dirty dishes and put away.
- Sorry – we do not accommodate pets.
- No smoking in the property. If you do smoke in the property, we will ask you to leave immediately.
- The owners reserve the right to refuse entry to the property to anyone they consider unsuitable.
- No bikes to be brought into the apartment, there can be arrangements to store bikes in one of the farm sheds, but will be at the owners risk.
- The responsibility for personal property, and any vehicle parked at New Cottage, is solely that of the guest/s.
- Guests are responsible for shutting all exterior doors and appropriate windows, and securing the accommodation when absent or sleeping, and for minimising fire risk in the property at all times.
- No other persons to reside at the property, other than those persons specified at the time of the booking (unless with the prior permission of the owners). The owners reserve the right to consider a booking void, if other persons are found to be staying in the accommodation without the prior permission of the owners, or, if on arrival, the number in the party exceeds that as listed in the booking confirmation agreement, and the party will be asked to leave or, as applicable, will not be permitted to check in.
- The property must be respected and looked after during any stay, and left in the same clean and tidy condition, with full inventory, as it was on arrival. If not, an extra cleaning charge of £40 will be applied.
- All damage/losses/breakages incurred at the property, or to the furnishings, must be reported to the owners immediately and paid for prior to departure.
- The owners shall be allowed access to the property during the rental for all reasonable purposes – notice will be given whenever possible.
- The owners shall not be held responsible or liable for any accident, loss or mishap to any persons or property whilst using the premises, or for any illness or injury arising from any cause whatsoever.
- In the event of any breach of the above terms, or if complaints or disputes arise which give cause for disturbance, or behaviour occurs that is deemed by the owners to be unacceptable, we reserve the right to access the property without prior notice/permission and to ask any person/s to vacate the property, immediately, without notice, or any reimbursement of monies paid in advance for the full term of the booking.
- The acceptance of your reservation confirms your acceptance of the above terms & conditions, payment, and cancellation policy. This is a legal agreement, which is binding.
New Cottage, Hollymoor Farm is committed to protecting your privacy.
All information will be collected lawfully and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. We collect information about you to process your enquiry and help provide you with the best possible service.
We do not send random marketing emails to personal email addresses (Spam).
On your arrival we ask that you complete page 1 in the Registration Book. The type of information we will collect about you includes:
- Phone number
- Email address
- Date of arrival/departure
- Vehicle Reg number
This information is also helpful for security purposes.
After your stay we ask you to complete the second page of the Registration Book or via email with your comments about us/New Cottage/the Area etc.